TIP launches 2021 seminars January 27, 2021 – Posted in: Uncategorized
On Wednesday, January 20th TIP launched its 2021 program with a virtual orientation reception. We heard a brief overview from each of the seminar leaders of the topic they will present to teachers over the course of the next 16 weeks. Members of our teacher and university governing bodies also shared how the program has improved teaching in the public schools and strengthened relations between university and community. We warmly welcome TIP’s 2021 cohort and look forward to another year of bringing new content classroom teaching, increasing expectations for student achievement and raising teacher morale in the public schools.
This years seminars leaders are:
- Karen Detlefsen, Democracy and Expertise in Literature, History, and Science
- Carol Muller, Listening to the Music of Contemporary Africa: History, Politics, and Human Origins
- Sandra Ryeom, Cancer Biology and Technology
- Rickie Sanders, Cities through the Lens of Race, Class, and Gender
- Jorge Santiago-Aviles, Renewable Energy Schemes